Strategic Magazine is owned by Strategic Communications and Publications (“Strategic Communications and Publications”, “Strategic Communications”, “Strategic Publications”, “Strategic – Communications Magazine”, “Strategic Magazine”, “Strategic”, “We”, “Us”, “Our”) and registered in Ireland under business number 659272.
We are the data controller for the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any linked sites. If we reference external websites, their external links are clearly identifiable.
Please read the policy fully.
How do we collect your personal data?
- Correspond with us
- Advertise with us
- Subscribe to our publications
What data do we obtain from third parties?
Information you provide when you complete a form online, including:
- Your name
- Postal address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Financial and credit card information
- Personal description
What data do we collect through the use of our website?
Data is collected about users through cookies on our website to:
- Improve our service to individual users
- Monitor a users journey on the website
- Improve the website
- Identify repeat visits to the website
- Sell advertising space on the website
A cookie is a little piece of data stored by the browser on the hard drive of your computer, at the request of our server. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
When you revisit our website, our computer server will recognise the cookie, giving us information about your last visit. This enables us to improve our website and service.
Cookies allows us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns
- Store information about your preferences
- Tailor the website in line with your individual interests
- Increase the speed of your use of the website
You are given the option to decline our cookies, browser-permitting, by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the cookies setting. You can also ask to delete cookies from your computer. However, both actions may affect your use of our website.
Why do we process this data?
We use your personal data to:
- Deal with queries that you submit to us through the website
- Process applications and transaction that you submit to us through the website
- Improve and develop the website
- Conduct research and user surveys
- Send you promotional and marketing materials, subject to any preferences that you select. You can opt out from receiving our promotional or marketing material by emailing email@example.com with “Opt out” in the subject line
- Analyse statistics regarding the use of the website
- Prevent fraud, investigation and detection
- Establish, exercise or defend legal claims
The legal reason we process your personal data is for:
- Our legitimate interest in conducting business and for the management of Strategic Communications and Publications
- Compliance with our legal or regulatory obligations
- The performance of a contract with you
Why do we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal data to:
- Provide you with our products and services
- Market our products and services
- Improve our website
- Recruit staff
The information is used to:
- Maintain and improve our website
- Keep the website safe and secure
- Provide information about our products, if you have subscribed
- Evaluate and measure our advertising
- Suggest recommended services to you
The legal reason to process your personal data in this manner is to:
- Effect a contract with you, prior to or during the process
- Action your consent for marketing activity
Do we share this information with third parties?
For the purpose of conducting business and providing you with products and services, we may share your personal data with business partners, suppliers or contractors, such as website hosting providers or IT providers.
We may need to disclose your personal data to third parties in certain instances, such as:
- If we purchase or sell business assets
- If we or our business assets are acquired by a third party
- If we are under a duty to disclose it to comply with legal obligations, to enforce terms and conditions of an agreement, or to protect our rights, property, safety, customers, or others.
Third parties may include business partners, suppliers or subcontractors.
How long do we retain your personal data?
The time period for retention of your personal data depends on the type of data and its purpose. We will only retain it for as long as required or permitted.
Is your personal data transferred outside of the European Union or European Economic Area?
Yes, the data may be transferred to and stored in the United States, with regards to our email marketing software.
What rights do you have in relation to your personal data?
You have the right to:
- Access your personal data
- Request a correction to any inaccurate data
- Ask us to erase your personal data when it is no longer necessary for us to store it or if you withdraw your consent in certain circumstances
- Object to us processing your data, for example for marketing purposes
- Opt out from marketing communications
- Request access to your personal data in portable format
- Request restrictions around the processing of the data
Any processing that we carry out before you withdraw your consent is lawful.
If you have a complaint regarding our processing of your data, contact the Data Protection Commissioner (www.dataprotection.ie).
Please review this policy every time you visit the website as there may be changes.
This policy was last updated on 24/11/2020.
How to contact us?
Tel.: +353 (0)87 9388882
Address: Bealad East, Clonakilty, Co Cork, Ireland